We hope that you and your family are all doing okay in this time of South Africa experiencing various alert levels for COVID 19.
Sensory Kidzone is aware that children will still have needs while they are at home and therefore we want to continue the collaboration with our families to ensure that the children’s needs are met, building confidence and having loads of fun during their extended holiday at home.
What do we offer at this time??
We have confirmation that we are permitted to do face-to-face sessions with children who need Occupational Therapy at this time. If you are still uncertain about travelling for therapy sessions/ risk of contamination, we are making ourselves available to provide the following options of services:
- Telehealth (over Zoom) sessions have been identified as the preferred means over the lockdown period. If you are already doing telehealth sessions and they are working well for your child, please continue to do so. Telehealth sessions are officially approved by major medical aid schemes.
- Home programmes can be provided by your therapist which will be a specialized activity list specific for your child’s needs at that point in time that would be relevant for one month. This is a program that is individualized for the parents to complete with their children at home. The therapist will follow up with parents regarding outcomes and progress of each day/week and will alter the programme where needed.
- One-on-one sessions can be provided at the practice at the rates according to our tariff list. Strict Alert Level 4 protocols have been put in place at the practice and we trust that you will comply with the protocols as outlined.
- Home Visits can be provided at clients’ home with the adherence to the protocol as communicated to parents.
In order for this to work and for us to keep you and your family safe, there are certain things that need to be adhered to:
Things you are responsible for:
- You will be sent a Survey Monkey link before every session that your child attends. This needs to be completed and returned to your therapist before entering the room.
- All parents and children’s’ temperatures to be taken at home before coming to the practice. Your temperature will be measured upon arrival at Sensory Kidzone.
- All parents and children need to wear masks, if the child does not have a mask, it will be compulsory to buy one from Sensory Kidzone at a charge of R50. This will be automatically added to your bill at the end of the month and is compulsory to pay it.
- Any parent or child that becomes ill with Covid-19 or comes into contact with anybody with Covid-19 or if you suspect exposure for whatever reason, will need to stay home for a designated quarantine period of 14 days. After this period, and if no symptoms presented during that time the child may attend therapy at Sensory Kidzone. A home program or Teletherapy can be provided during this time if requested.
- Children will not, under any circumstances, be allowed to attend sessions at the Sensory Kidzone if they are showing any signs of a cold, i.e. sore throat, cough or runny nose. Should a child arrive showing any signs of illness parents will be asked to take the child home.
- It is recommended that children use an immune system booster during this time.
- It is recommended that children have a shower and change their clothes before and after a session.
Our protocol when your child attends a session:
- Drop off and collection times will be staggered (not all start at the same time) to minimize the number of children or leaving at the same time
- Children will be fetched and returned to their cars. Parents are asked to wait in the car. There will be no waiting area and walking around the practice will not be allowed.
- Siblings will not be allowed in the practice and will need to stay in the car for the duration of the session.
- Children and siblings will not be allowed to play in the rooms or outside area between sessions.
- Movement in and out of the Practice building will be carefully monitored. Your therapist will let you know whether to park in the front or the back.
If you child needs to use the toilet during their session:
- The therapist will make sure the children will use the correct procedure for hand washing. Please show your children the correct procedure – see attached video.
- Only one child at a time will be allowed into a toilet / bathroom area.
- A staff member will provide a squirt of soap and turn taps on and off for the children.
- Paper towels will be used to dry their hands.
- Hand sanitizer will be sprayed on both child and therapists’ hands before entering the practice after being at the bathroom.
Protocols that we have put in place:
- Therapists will use a hand sanitizer spray on their own and the children’s hands in between activities and after trips to the bathroom
- Maintain social distancing (to the best of our ability) by:
- Staggering drop off and collection times
- Not allowing parents and siblings in the rooms
- Limiting toilet use to one child at a time
- Using different access points for entry and exit
- Therapy areas have been adapted and equipment is limited to limit contamination
- All equipment will be disinfected after each session
- There will only be one therapist and one child in each designated area
- Everybody inside the practice needs to be wearing masks at all times
- Therapist temperatures will be checked on a daily basis
Home visit protocols:
- The therapist should walk into a sterilized house
- The room and equipment that the therapist uses should be sterilized
- There should be sanitizer at the door for the therapist to clean their hands before they start and when they are finished with the session
- There should be no interaction at all with any siblings, only the child and one parent.
- If the therapist brings any equipment it is the responsibility of the parent to sanitize the equipment at the door before it enters the home
- There should be appropriate hand wash and paper towels in the bathroom if for whatever reason the therapist needs to use it
- Everyone in the house and the therapists’ temperatures to be taken just before the session.
- All parents and children need to wear masks, if the child does not have a mask, it will be compulsory to buy one from Sensory Kidzone at a charge of R50. Please ensure that you put a clean mask on your child before leaving the house.
- Parents need to report any illness in their immediate family to their Occupational Therapist immediately.
- Any parent or child that becomes ill or comes into contact with anybody who is ill, will not be seen and a designated quarantine period will need to occur and will need to be tested after this period before returning to face to face sessions. Proof of results of testing will be required. A home program or Teletherapy can be provided during this time if requested.
- Children will not be seen, under any circumstances, if they are showing any signs of a cold, i.e. sore throat, cough or runny nose. Should a child or any other member in the household show any signs of illness the therapist will leave immediately.
- It is recommended that children have a shower and change their clothes before and after a session
Please contact us at 064 620 9040 or email us at email@example.com to find out more about what protocols we have put in place at the practice, billing as well as any other queries related to COVID 19.